Thursday, June 26, 2008

another day

heey everyone. after i blogged last night I went home and no one was there. It seems to happen a lot with us students so I wasn't very suprised. I went over to rachaels house and worked on homework with her family. She lives with a grandma and grandpa so her house is full of people. Last night we did homework in the kitchen while her mom cooked. This boy named Michael helped Rachael and a little boy named andre helped me with my homework. We had dinner and talked about a lot of random stuff. Michael is in highschool so he knows english a little bit and can understand us when we talk english...which is not often. Then I went home and my family still wasn't home. I waited for 15 minutes and finally they came home. The whole family had gone to mama ticas sisters house and worked all night helping out with some stuff. I stayed up and watched CSI with them and it was very fun.
I had to leave the house this morning at 6:30 a.m. It was so early and I didn't get very much sleep last night. We went on a hike and it was very fun. We saw Arenal which is a active volcano in Costa Rica. We are going there this weekend. We saw a lot of insects and when we first got there we saw this warthog looking animal called a saino. Look it up on google, it is the most disgusting animal ever. It followed us around and the guides told us his name was Charlie. People were petting it like a dog. I have some pictures hah it was weird. We saw monkey throw up but no monkeys. It was really fun and im so excited to stay the night in a hotel this weekend because my room in Monteverde is full of bugs hah its no fun.
I bought a hammock! and i also bought salsa, coffee and postcards. So far I really have spent a lot of money. I really like being down here and I look forward to spending time with another family in Heredia and meeting all the people there. In Monteverde a lot of families are interrealted. Like Rachael's family many of the cousins live just down the street.

Everything is awesome here and I miss everyone!
xoxo love kailee

4 comments:

audys photos said...

OH MY GOD im so envious of you. i feel like i have literally have been sitting around doing nothing. lol i miss you!

Kendall said...

i love everything about what you wrote!!

especially the parts about warthogs and monkey throw up...that definitely makes me jealous of you. ;)

kidding kidding...but for serious, how awesome of an experience! i just love this blog! and cant wait to hear stories in person when you get back!...BBQ dont forget.

i dont even know if it is time difference, but probably it is, so maybe you are sleeping now...if you are i hope you are showing those bugs who is boss...maybe you should sleep like in a net or tent or something that would kind of tight.

xoxo, thinking of you!

kendall

Unknown said...

Kailee Jayne!

I love that you are blogging while you are away. And I also love that your mother is still harping on you while you are half way around the world...Kailee use your Spanish...OK, I probably just made her mad (I love you sister!)

This is such an awesome experience for you. Enjoy every moment. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I check every day to see what you are up to. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I wish you had a more involved family. Maybe your next family will do more with you. It sounds like you are doing and seeing a lot. Embrace it...you don't want to forget a thing! The things that don't seem that important now may someday be the things you wish you had paid more attention to.

Have fun baby girl. And don't spend all your money too soon!

I love you,
Aunt Melisa

mindy said...

I looked up your siano (Peccari?) it looked like a wild pig. Anywho, I'm glad you're going over to Rachel's instead of sitting home alone. You and Karson both got call backs from Nike. He went in today, and I think you might have just missed out, because the photo shoot is the day after you get back and they wanted to see you earlier. Sorry! I went to the beach with Kim Thursday and Friday. We had fun. Karson and Christian came with us. Did you mean you have not spent much money yet, because you said you have? I can put more on your card. Bring Karson some colonies. He will like that. Love you
MoM
and I will not quite being a mommy just because your far away. Sister! Love you too!