Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hola from costa rica.

HEY!! I made it to costa rica safe and i have been having a lot of fun. I got sick on the plane ride....hah it was almost really bad. but no worries. My family is okay. The dad does not seem like he cares to talk. The mom is very nice and so are the kids. The three year old mumbles his spanish but his parents seem to understand. Haha i dont so I just nod my had and say yes. If i understood the daughter right, they have had 26 exchange students like me. kinda crazyyy. Today we went on a canopy tour and wow it was amazing. Im very excited to download all my pictures when I get home. I miss everyone very much but I am having an amazing time here. It is so pretty and everyday we do something amazingly cool. We have school everyday except on the weekends and my class consits of me, kelsey, kate and bailey. Its the dance team class and our teacher loves to dance! So the first night I was here my family left me at home while they went to a birthday party down the street. My mom thought I was going to sleep but I was not tired at all. Rachael came over to my house and picked me up. She had one of her fmaily members with her. His name is Juan Carlos and he is eight years old. He is awesome. He corrects my spanish when I am not talking right and he is so funny. He likes to joke around and teach me and Rachael more spanish. This morning I had cookies and a mango for breakfast. Very Good. Tomorrow we go horseback riding which is very exciting and we go swimming in the hotsprings. The people here are awesome and there are animals everywhere! When we walk on the streets we have to be careful because down here, pedestrians do not have the right of way. I am having a lot of fun and I am so glad i have so much more time down here. I dont know what im going to do when i get home and i dont have a planned schedule. By the way the computer im using is made for spanish speaking people and that is why im having trouble typing well. Ok well its time for me to get off the computer but i will try and check it sometime before thursday when we come to town again. Kates familia owns a resturant and they have a computer. I will see. Hope everyone is having fun and I miss you all!

xoxo love kailee!!

p.s. with the luck I have, the mosiquitos or ants have given me 6 bug bites. My room has huge ants haha

3 comments:

Kendall said...

hi hi ! i love your blog and am totally impressed with your ability to type on a spanish computer! i remember when i first started blogging it was due to my trip to europe...and one of my blogs was on a french computer and the letters where in totally different order!

love it...

also nasty are those sick bugs and ants. you should make a trap or something with a cup and put something sugary inside maybe that will draw them all to the treats and away from you?? that or maybe just draw more...so could make it worse...siccck! i am sorry.

i hope you are having fun! and getting adjusted well. i can't wait to read more adventures of kailee!! xoxo hugs. kendall

mindy said...

Hey Kai,
Sounds like you're having fun. Are you using your bug spray(outside)? Did the kids like their gifts? I hope you're learning alot. Nothing exciting here. It is suppose to be hot this weekend finally. Love you and miss you.
Mom

mindy said...

Getting sick on the plane- was that the box of teddy grahams you ate- possibly?